Mansfield - March 3, 2014

It's been a good week in Mansfield. Elder Hill and I are getting along great!

This week we taught a Polish man and it was probably my favorite lesson this week. He is 18 and works 40 hours a week. He is very humble and kind. I'm very excited to continue teaching him.

Yea it's sort of crazy that I'm 21, it doesn't really feel that way.

The ward here in Mansfield is really great. I've taken a lot of picture from leaving Leeds and up to now.

It's true, we really don't do too much knocking here, but we do some. There is a smaller village called Shirebrooke that is up a bit north that is filled with Polish people. There is a Sports Direct factory there that they all work at, so it's exciting. I've heard about 80% of the people who work there are Polish.

It's true though people speak a little different here. They call people "duck" and say "cheers me duck!" It's strange.

It was great, I got to see Elder DeShazer on Wednesday (I just forgot what it was called in English just now). But Sheffield is like 2-3 hours journey away from us, so we traveled to Sheffield, slept over at another missionary flat and then from there left for Hull. It was a long day.

The training was on finding and NOT GOING BACK TO EGYPT. President used the stories of the Israelites and how they thought things were too hard so they wanted to go back to Egypt. I wonder what I would have done if I were in their shoes.

I love serving In Mansfield, it's so great. The people are nice, the surroundings are nice. It's really great. And the ward is super. We already got one referral from a member and started teaching him (that's never happened to me before). This area has a lot of potential for growth and even there are lots of less actives who have potential of coming back.

Love you,

Starszy Ressler