Leeds - February 3, 2014

It's been a really intense week. On Monday I got a call from sister Wilson. She told me they were trying to figure out my release date. To be honest I think it was originally in March or something. But she said my visa doesn't expire until May 1st and that they would've sent me home April 2nd, but that would be a whole month earlier than I could be here. As well there are no missionaries leaving that day. So they fixed it so I can stay until about 2 days before my visa expires. If I'm in the country on May 1st they stamp me and I can't return to England for 10 years. I really don't want that. I am leaving one week before a transfer, so all the other missionaries will leave then, including Elder DeShazer I think. His visa doesn't expire until June, so he'll leave then. So I'll leave all alone (I guess that's just the way it is supposed to be). Maybe there is one more person I'm supposed to teach.

On Tuesday one of our investigators took us on a tour of St. James, the church really close by us. I took some pictures. She let us up into the bell tower and it was really neat. And there's a beautiful Bible there.

We had some really powerful lessons this week. We taught at the Kite's and asked them to share their conversion story. It was really powerful. Brother Kite was an agnostic scientist and didn't really believe in God (he was on the fence). It took about six months for them to be baptized and Brother Kite prayed to know if there was a God and asked five questions, all of which were answered, and I felt the spirit really strongly. Since then Brother Kite has served faithfully in the church including being a bishop twice.

Also, we got back into contact with another investigator who's been really busy. We brought a younger couple, the Kings, with us. It was a powerful lesson and he said he's prayed and ask if the Book of Mormon is true. I think he has a lot of questions, but is making good progress. He also came to church on Sunday and said he liked it.

Ever since I found out I'd be serving longer, I've seen blessings, I think.

Yesterday at church, the pianist wasn't there, so I got to play the piano for sacrament meeting. At the end Brother Jackson (he's in the bishopric) got up, so I went on the stand because I thought that he was ending the meeting, but no he was sharing his testimony! So then he thought I was getting up to share mine (I really got up to play the piano) so he said, "after we hear from Elder Ressler we'll close by...." But I was glad to share my testimony. I bore it about the Atonement.

I've been studying the Atonement recently because I plan to share it for district meeting on Wednesday. It's so amazing what love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for us. That Jesus was sent and sacrificed himself for us. Just like the hymn, I really do stand all amazed.

I haven't seen any Polish Elders in a long time. About school. I don't really know I'd love to go to school, I just don't know how I'll afford it. I'm thinking of soon after I get back get a good job and then earn some money so I can go to school. Otherwise I don't really know how I'll be able to do it. Oh, and I'm taking my vitamins everyday (I try to), I've been pretty good at that. My chipped tooth is fine, but I've now got this tooth ache, I spoke to sister Pilkington and she thinks it's a gum infection, I really don't want to go to the dentist because it'll probably be expensive (that's what she said). She told me she sometimes gets things like that and they go away after a while, so I'm waiting it out. If it keeps up though I will call her again and she'll help me go to a good dentist. She used to be a dental hygienist, so I trust her judgment.

I bought some hair clippers so I can cut my own hair, I'm really excited.

Oh, wow, Harrison, Sadie, and Addie are growing up. Well just Sadie and Addie. Harrison still looks like I remembered him, which is a good thing too :)

Love you,

Starszy Ressler