Leeds - February 10, 2014

I'm pretty good. This week is over, that was quick.

Yea I cut my own hair and I don't think I did too bad of a job. I like it. I think if I keep practicing then I'll be really good at cutting my own hair and won't ever have to pay for a haircut again. I remember my first haircut here in England, then a few months later I just always cut it really short. But now I'm figuring out my own style.

My tooth is better, so I'm doing alright. But my shoulders and chest are really sore, because I got to go to the gym with Elder Mast who is recovering his ankle. The doctor tells him to do certain exercises every day, and he really wants to recover as quickly as possible. So I got a chance to work out too, yea I'm sore.

I think you're right about my release date being extended. I figure there is someone else that I'm supposed to meet, or serve with or something. I'm not sure what, but something good will happen. We helped a less active family come back to church and the 9 year old son wants to be baptized. I'm real excited. They are a good family and I could tell his mother was happy to come back to church and meet people. This week we found a family from Portugal and they're pretty good. I'm picking up a bit of Portuguese. Then we also stopped by a Polish potential and her husband was home and he is really nice. We had a good conversation with him. Also I interviewed a lady for baptism; she is amazing, she found the church online and is ready to be baptized. We are just waiting for her husband's permission. But she is really good.

It's strange to me that on my mission so far I've only served in two areas and had only five companions. I wonder if this gives me an opportunity to have another area. I suppose we'll see next week with transfers. I've seen the ward here really grow a lot. There is now a new spirit of missionary work that wasn't really there six months ago. I'm really glad to have been able to serve here and learn all the things I've learned.

Lately President is stressing to district leaders about improving our district meetings. One important thing is getting people involved and not just us talking the whole time. The thing is that my district is really quiet and doesn't really speak too much. I'm trying to assign them things to talk about instead of just instructing by myself. That way they learn as they teach us. It should be good I hope.

Love you,

Starszy Ressler