Leeds - November 4, 2013

It's going amazing. Some days are better than others, but this week hasn't been too bad.

We got to stay in for Halloween because well...it'd be odd two missionaries knocking on doors Halloween night. People wouldn't take us seriously, I think.

Ah Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving and your pies!! But it's all good. It's sad they don't have that here in England. But this Tuesday is Bonfire night. That'll be interesting. I heard that in Hare Hills cars and houses sometimes catch fire. I'd hate to be a fire fighter here.

Ah so, so, so, so good!! The highlight of my week...We were knocking in an area where I knew a few Polish people lived. We approached one house and there was a car and a man unloading a wooden table from his car. So that the situation wasn't awkward we approached the man thinking that he lived there. He said he knew who we were and why we were there and that he wasn't really interested and he didn't live there. Then he said that his friend spoke Polish and didn't really understand English, so that wouldn't be a help. So then after the man left we knocked the house. I saw a lady in the window, but she didn't answer :(....So we knocked part of the street, and continued on. At the time it was to go to a different street. I felt that we should try by the house again. As we opened the gate the lady was outside walking towards us. I talked to her. We ended up talking in Polish for about 30 min. (so, so, good). That's the longest I've talked in Polish for weeks I think. And she had heard of the Book of Mormon and we gave her a copy. And we are going back on WEDNESDAY!!! That totally made my week! Elder Eisert jokes with me that I talk to foreigners better than English people. I think this is true. I love Eastern European people. I think that Heavenly Father has allowed me to serve them because he knew I'd love them. I love speaking Polish when I get to use it. Even if it's only a brief conversation it makes me so happy.

Elder Owens is in Scunthorpe!! I had heard there were Polish people there, but I didn't see that one coming. I wonder if President is finding out where all the Polish people live.

I bought a new jacket; it was cheap, but really nice. I realized I like jackets here better than back home.

Ah this week has been good. And this next week holds more adventures. I'm way excited.

I love you loads!!

Starszy Ressler