Leeds - November 11, 2013

Sounds like the family is doing great! I think it's great that you make time to spend with each other. I suppose it isn't really important the activity, just the fact that you do it together.

Today is Remembrance Day here. Everyone wears a poppy; it's a little red flower. I got a pin, so that was nice. It's in remembrance for those who fought in the war. I like it loads. And then at 11:00 everyone stops and takes 2 min of silence no matter where you are.

So this past week we had interviews with President Pilkington. I like him; he's really great and a great speaker.

I got your letter it was so great, thanks! I sent you one that you should get this week I think. I also mentioned in it my release date, it's March 27th. Ah, time goes by too fast. I can't believe that it's already November! And November 11th at that!

This week we taught a Polish family. It's interesting because I rarely teach Polish now days. And I pretty much never teach a whole family. It was really good. I felt the spirit. I hope they did. I was so happy after that lesson. We met the mother the week before and came back and taught them on Thursday! They are the nicest people. She cooked for us a desert called Naleszniki. It's like a pancake crepe. So good! She had looked up a bit on the Internet about Mormons and loves the fact that we don't drink or smoke. She asked if I'd ever drank and I said I've never, ever drank and she pretty much clapped her hands with joy. Then, when we asked to pray the father asked, "When was the last time we prayed together as a family?" and the daughter said, "Never." Then the father was like, "That's not good, let's say a prayer together." Ah, it was a really good lesson!

That's so great you met that lady who is Polish in Moab! What are the odds right? I really, really, really, really, don't want to lose the Polish that I have learned. I'd like to keep using it. I'm not really perfect at it, but I've done alright for someone learning it in England. There are so many words I still don't know! But I love talking in Polish; it's my favorite, just having a conversation. I think I have a strange ability to understand people who don't speak English well.

Recently, I've been eating with chop-sticks for pretty much anything I can, pasta and rice, that's my diet so far. I made this really good pasta the other day. I've become not too bad of a cook I think.

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, not from seeing him, but from my experience in the gospel.

Love you,

Starszy Ressler

Q&A

1. What is your favorite thing to do on P-day? I'm not sure. We usually watch movies, or play basketball. Today I might get my hair cut. I like to go to town and check it out.
2. What is the coolest thing that happened this week/on your mission? We taught a Polish family!!
3. What is the best food/yuckiest food you've had so far? Black Pudding :( the best is Naleszniki (Polish)