Leeds - November 26, 2013

I'm good; I'm still here in Leeds with Elder Eisert, so no changes for me. I can't believe that Elder Ball goes home in only a few short weeks, nor can I believe that it's already December pretty much. Ah, time goes by so, so fast!

Here's an exert I wrote about a family we visited on Sunday: We recently tried by a family, and they welcomed us in warmly. I think they know that they should be going to church. We talked for a while and got to know them. Then, we shared a spiritual though with them and they all listened intently. We felt the spirit enter the room as we testified of Jesus Christ. I hope they all felt it as well and hopefully we can rekindle that fire of testimony that once burned within them. I think they are a lovely family and can help build up the ward a lot. They're a great family and I hope that they'll come back. The daughter Megan is 16 and goes to church and Young Women. I think she begs the rest of the family to take her, or to come themselves, hopefully we can help them come back too. I think they really like missionaries, so we are able to see them, but now it's the hard part of trying to love them so they come back. It's not really hard to love someone. It's part of developing charity, which is the love that Jesus Christ has for all of us. I think that this is key, loving them enough so that they feel it and come back. We're doing our best here; I know that our efforts aren't wasted.

Sounds like everyone is doing good; I can't wait to see you all at Christmas time. I think I'll be at Bev's for Christmas Eve, so maybe I could Skype you all then. That way you'll have plenty of time to Skype Brendon on Christmas, I don't know, it's up to you.

Thanks for all that you've encouraged me to be. There's a quote I read somewhere, I think from Preach My Gospel, "More important than what you do however, is who you are." I know that from a lot of experiences I've had on my mission that have helped me be someone that Heavenly Father wants me to be. I know that there is “who I'd like to be” and there is “who Heavenly Father wants me to be” and I know that if we're humble enough, hopefully the person that we want to be and the person that Heavenly Father sees that we can be, aren't too far off. We just need to trust him I think. I've learned so much about life and myself. And I know that I still have a lot to learn.

I really do like being on a mission, I think that it's been fun. Well, it's gone by so fast and so it must've been fun. There isn't any other time in the world that I'll be able to do this. I need to make the most of it.

I can't believe that it's December next week! I love the autumn and I'd argue that it's one of the most beautiful times of the year. I always reflect a bit of the symbolism of the old dying (autumn), being washed clean (winter) and then a re-birth (spring). It's not too different from the symbolism of baptism; the old self dying, being washed clean through the blood of Christ, and then the re-birth.

I love you so much,

Starszy Ressler