Hull - June 3, 2013

It's strange to me to think about how long I've been away. It really doesn't feel that long. Know that I love you all and miss you. I'm also grateful for the fact that two years are such a short time compared with eternity and that the blessings of serving a mission have already brought me such joy in my life. I'm glad I came.

Timberline truly changed my life. I have to say it was one of the things that helped shape me into what I am today. I was able to give up a week a summer and grow a lot in character. I'm glad that both my brothers are going this year; I know it'll be a blessing to them as it was to me.

Elder Owens and I are still getting to know each other. Its weird going from knowing your companion really really well to just getting to know your new companion again. I hope that we become good friends.

I thought the Olsons are going home in September, it's probably different for senior couples and they probably have a lot more to deal with when they leave. We came in one day and Sister Olsen was looking at all the pictures of missionaries they took on their mission. I know that they are going to miss it greatly. They really have done tons here. I will miss them a lot.

I felt totally rebuked by the spirit the other day. We had some time to knock in an area that we don't really knock because there aren't really any Polish people there, but circumstances brought us there yesterday. We went down a street to knock and I saw an older lady working in her garden. I didn't want to talk to her and interrupt her, so we knocked on the other side of the street. I kept feeling "Talk to her". No one answered any of the doors. I kept feeling it over and over again but the natural person in me kept saying "No, I don't want to". I saw her reflection in one of the windows and I just felt terrible. So after about four houses, I finally just went over to talk to her. "We're missionaries from our church," I said. "I thought you might be," was her reply. Nothing really happened out of it, but we had a really nice conversation with her and I think that we planted a seed in her heart. I hope someday she takes an interest in our message. The lesson I learned is that even if we're scared, even if we really don't want to, it's far better to listen to the spirit.

We're trying to teach anyone really both English and Polish or anyone else we can find. Hull is really culturally diverse. The other day we saw some African ladies carrying furniture on their heads. We helped them to carry it because it looked like it was uncomfortable to carry on her head.

Elder Owens’s and Olsen’s Polish is alright. It kind of reminds me of how I started and how far I've come.

My health has been alright. I think I'm thinning out some more. I think I ate something not so good the other day though, but I'm alright.

Piotr and his brother Tomek are good. Elder DeShazer and I met Tomek a while ago then his brother Piotr came to England and he's been pretty interested in the gospel. He respects us for our dedication so that's neat.

Things are good. I'm glad that everything’s going good back home.

Love you much,

Starszy Ressler