Hull - June 24, 2013

I'm doing terrific. It's rained quite a bit actually. I've been soaked, but I don't really mind. I'm experienced somewhat now days with the rain.

I'm really excited about Tomek. Tomek is doing amazing and, if all goes well this week, he'll be our second Polish convert and a huge asset to the future Polish group that we are trying to start. We've started to teach a few more people, It's still very early to tell if they're progressing or not, but we'll see in this new upcoming week. We are constantly in need of people to teach.

We saw a miracle with Tomek. He had a meeting with the health clinic to get more nicotine patches for him on Tuesday, but he was at work so he missed it. Then he realized he doesn't need them and is living the Work of Wisdom. He passed his interview yesterday and is looking to be baptized hopefully this Sunday right before church. I'm happy for him.

Also, the other missionaries in our area found a Polish lady and passed her off to us. She is really nice and accepted a Book of Mormon. Also, a member had a Polish friend and she's come to two activities and the other Polish team is going to try and teach her. I'm really excited for some of the good people we're seeing.

Our friend Pedro brought a friend to church from Spain. He doesn't speak English. Oh how bad I wish I could remember Spanish from high school, but I've lost pretty much all of it to Polish! So he sat there awkwardly as members tried to come up and introduce themselves, but he couldn't understand...

I can write alright in Polish. I'm not perfect at it, but I've realized that Heavenly Father has given me the skills I need to speak and write, understand and read Polish.

As far as advice for finding new people to teach through members, I don't have much experience. Mostly, I feel because I've been focusing on Polish people and there is a huge language barrier, so I mostly do a lot of finding on my own part. Like I mentioned to Mom a member brought her Polish co-worker to two activities and she is very promising. It's good to have friends in the church. It's good because now the member is excited for her friend's progression in the gospel. And also her friend has her as support. It's really more effective if a member can do the finding for us because then you'll know that they'll most likely be in the gospel as friends forever pretty much.

I hope Grandma and Grandpa are doing alright. I think you're right, I think life will be a whole new world when I get back. Truthfully, I can't even imagine doing anything right now other than missionary work. I think it'd just be too weird not too. To be honest, it just seems foreign to me. So, luckily I'm still a missionary :)

Love you much,

Starszy Ressler