Hull - June 11, 2013

This week was good. We really do have up and down weeks and it’s been an interesting past few weeks. It's the start of a new transfer, though. I know that after the trial of our faith comes blessings. We've been seeing that a bit now. I don't know how much I've already told you about Tomek. When we met Tomek, he told us on the street that he was interested and that he "has time.” Since then he has read the Book of Mormon a bit and has gained a spiritual witness that it is true. In fact, a friend told him to only just stick to the Bible, but he says he believes the Book of Mormon is true. He is accepting the gospel and has come to church two times already. He will be baptized on the 29th of June. I know that miracles do happen.

Other than that we’ve been doing a lot of finding. But we're doing alright. Right now we're not teaching lots of people, but hopefully that will grow. I've met a lot of ...interesting...people. There was this lady that was wearing a big cross and had all these bright but different colored paint on each fingernail. She was also wearing a yellow dress and had multi-colored make up on. We met a man who says he's a descendent of Moses and carries a stick around and likes to talk about conspiracy theories. But things are good.

Just yesterday we crossed the street and I was drawn to a man on a bike that we talked to. It's weird because there was something different about him. I think it was the light of Christ that I could see it in him. I know that there are good people out there searching for the truth.

I've seen how the Holy Ghost guides us. I've also seen how I was able to be bold and say something to someone who was contending with the work. Also, I've felt comforted in times of trial. I think some of the best moments I've had are watching someone who've come such a far way do something like become baptized. I also enjoy the companionship I have with other missionaries. It's good to bond with those around you.

There are lessons in life that we learn by giving service. I know that's true. I've also seen my own growth on a mission. I think that this mission has helped me grow so much more than I could have imagined. I'm becoming who God wants me to be.

Love you much,

Starszy Ressler