Leeds - January 20, 2014

It's good to hear that you're all doing well. I'm good, although sadly I chipped my tooth this morning, I don't think it's that bad though. I was biting on something too hard; well, lesson learned.

I'm happy Elder DeShazer is using his Polish again. Elder Olson is in the Leeds A Zone. I'm in the Leeds B Zone though. So I'll probably see him on Friday.

Yea I agree I need to get a picture with President Pilkington and his wife. They are really good, I like them.

I'm really happy that it's warm here. I'm really hoping that I can just skip winter this year. That would be really nice for me. And hopefully it will warm up over there in March.

Ah, that's sad about Aunt Donna’s passing, I know she's in a better place, and isn't suffering anymore. I was talking to someone about this the other day and I told them that I believe that after this life, we all will go to a place that simply isn't as bad as it is here.

Oh, I finished "Jesus the Christ" today. It was really good. I'm now reading another one of James E. Talmage's books "Articles of Faith" and when I go home I want to find another of his books called "The Great Apostasy.” I've also finished the New Testament on my mission and I am reading the Old Testament as well.

Yea, I have about 10 weeks left. Time is really flying by. I seem to wake up, exercise, and the next thing I know I'm going back to bed. It's crazy!

Uh...concerning dodgy things happening to me on my mission; yea, well I've never been robbed, but, yea let’s just say there are some things I leave out of my emails. I'll have to tell you about them when I get back or something. If you even want to hear them. Let’s just say this, I feel safer than I've ever been whilst on my mission. I know that Heavenly Father protects us.

There are so many false ideas out there. I see that one a lot, the "oh, I'm a good person, so I'll be alright" idea. No! God has commanded us to make sacred covenants with him, like baptism. Or like, “oh just one cup of coffee won’t hurt, it'll be alright”. Then there are the people who believe that all you have to do is believe. I just want to say to them "come on!" But of course I am polite. But yea some people need to read the Book of James, where he says faith without works is dead. And then there are the people who don't believe in modern revelation. You wouldn't have the old stuff if it weren't for revelation in the first place. Of course God still speaks to man today.

In the Leeds Stake conference, someone shared five points that are good to share with people.

1) When Christ was on the earth he established a church.
2) Men changed it.
3) It's back! How?
4) God spoke to a man.
5) God speaks to man today.

I think it's brilliant!

Ah, you'll have to tell all our Timberline friends HI for me. That'll be fun for Harrison.

Love you

Starszy Ressler