Leeds - January 13, 2014

Life is good here, it's not too cold, and so I can't complain too much. It rains, but it's not freezing. I'm happy for that; hopefully I can just skip this winter.

Today we had to clean our flat for 3 1/2 hours because President said that some missionaries got evicted because of negligence to their flat and it cost about £3000!! So he told everyone to clean today until it was spotless! My hands are all rough now from the cleaners.

I got a new grey suit for about £40. It's not bad and Elder Mast showed me how to hem my trousers inside (the European way I think). Also he gave me a haircut, I like having a French barber :) Elder Mast is really good; I like him a lot (we were on exchange).

Yea! Bigos are so good! and Peirogies. (If you cook up some tiny pieces of bacon and mix it in with them after....sooo good!) I also Like Golomki (L with a line through it) and Naleszniki (a pancake dessert).

This week was alright. The zone leaders found a Polish lady who they said understood them. They got her phone number and address and then we went by. They told me she understood them, but like pretty much every polish referral I get from other missionaries she didn't understand anything (it's sort of funny). She was wondering if she'd talked to Jehovah Witnesses (Polish people tend to not like them very much). So she asked if we were and I said "no", and she asked if we were Christian and I said "yes", so she said "come in". They're super nice. Sadly they work every day and the time they work is during church, but we'll do our best to deal with that.

Also we are teaching several Polish families whose two oldest children are 7, but we're planning on focusing on them since their mothers have said that the children don't really know about God, so we'll do that and hope the adults pay attention as well. Another Polish family who lives nearby has a daughter I swear I know from somewhere before. Maybe I've already met the husband and the daughter, but just can't remember. I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough. It's strange though, I've seen that girl before.... Yea it's super good! and we're really trying to help a lot of the less actives here as well. Hopefully we'll have some success.

Yea, I guess I'm a stayer, but that's alright. At least I don't have to pack my bags every six weeks like all the other missionaries and I'm getting close to some of the members here in Leeds.

I believe my release date is the 27th of March, that's what I've seen, but I haven't seen anything official, yet. I hear that this is the transfer I'm supposed to find all that out, so we'll wait and see. This transfer is my last zone conference, so that's weird...

Love you

Starszy Ressler