Hull - July 23, 2013

It's a bit cloudy and rainy today, but it's been pretty hot lately.  We had transfers and I'm staying (slept in the same bed my whole mission, so far). This week should be good. We are on a hunt now to find more Polish people to teach.

Daniel went to the temple, he described it as majestic! You know, I don't think a lot of missionaries get to stick around long enough to see people they work with go to the temple. Daniel said that before he felt stressed, but when he went in the temple he felt the spirit and felt that peace that you and I know is like leaving all the worries of the world behind you. I wonder if they had trouble pronouncing his last name. I had trouble at first, too. I miss the temple a bit.

I'm super excited for Brendon to go to the temple today. I hope that it'll be a good experience for him. And his mission will be something that'll bless him in all aspects of his life.

John was baptized and confirmed! It was terrific! Elder Olsen was able to connect well with him when we went on exchange, so he got to baptize him (his first baptism and he didn't think that he would baptize at all on his mission), so I'm counting this one a "district effort" since we all pitched in a little. I gave the talk on baptism.

Right now, we aren't teaching very many Polish people. The other elders are teaching two pretty solid people, Ivy and Tomek (different Tomek), who seem to be doing well. Our Tomek, sadly, we haven't been able to get in contact with him.

Starszy Ressler