Hull - April 8, 2013

It's starting to get warmer!

It's been a good week. We're still looking for investigators to teach but we're starting to find some. We taught a man who is from Slovakia; luckily Slovakian is very close to Polish so we were able to teach him. The Book of Mormon was just translated into Slovakian this past February 2013. Things are going great. I really enjoyed conference. On Sunday, we spent most the day at the church...we practically lived at the church for a day to watch conference. We saw all the sessions, but the last one. Daniel came to all of them on Sunday (except the last one which is played late at night), but it was good they had it translated into Polish. This past week a sister in the ward bought Elder DeShazer and me new shoes, nice ones that'll probably last us our whole missions. She is so nice to us.

Funny thing happened today. We had a nerf gun war at the church for P-day, then we realized we were in the wrong district this transfer so we got switched to the right one....that was weird it took a week and a half to get things sorted out.

(To his brother who just received his mission call to the Texas Houston East Mission, Spanish speaking)

YES!!! Hey I'm so excited for you. Count your blessings; you'll probably be able to use your Spanish forever! Tyler served in Texas, too. Hey, the four years of German you took in school will help you learn others. The more languages you know the easier I hear it is to learn another. We were teaching a guy in Slovakian the other day...well in Polish because the languages are so similar. Hey, I heard that they opened a Mexico City Training Center, I'm so happy you’ll be able to go there. You are going to love it. Time goes so quickly you can't even imagine. Be prepared to see miracles. I know that just as it says in D&C 4, a marvelous work and a wonder is happening on this earth and we get to be a part of it! Here! Right now! This is the time of our lives we've always been waiting for. When I was younger, I often said to myself that I wanted to do something big to change the world. I have realized that that dream is coming true, right now for me. I can see that this world can be changed for big, one person at a time; and that this is the best way to do it. I know that the Gospel is true; I know that you will touch the hearts of the people in Texas. You can learn Spanish...It's easy....compared to Polish... :). When you get discouraged, just know that you have an older brother who is there with you, and I don't mean me, I mean Christ, because He is always with you. When you are rejected and despised of men, just know that He was rejected for us, that He did it all for us because He loves us. I testify to you that Jesus is our Savior and Redeemer of the world and that we as missionaries can help people to come unto Him and find lasting peace.

Sometimes I think it's hard to stay in Hull for such a long time. The only stable thing here in Hull is the Olsen’s and us. I'm one that tends to get comfortable to things staying the same; I was expecting to move around a lot. But I know that our Heavenly Father knows us all so much. I think that now change will be hard, because it'll be something new, but that's life. When we get comfortable, it's time to move, and to learn, and to grow some more. I testify that life is all about learning and growing. I know that I have learned so much in my past year and that I have so much to lean in my next year. I'm so happy for Brendon; it'll be hard to not see him for so long a time, but I know that he is needed more by the people of Texas and by Heavenly Father than by me. I have come to learn strongly about the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that this church is true.

Again I testify of our Savior, and that everything that is from God enticeth us to do good (Moroni 7).

Love you much,

Starszy Ressler