Hull - December 3, 2012

It is good to hear from you all every week. England is great! Elder DeShazer and I are speaking more Polish. I hope I'm getting better; I feel I am. I understand a lot more of what people say than I used to. Sorry, I haven't been taking too many pictures lately. The thing is I’ve already been in Hull for four months and I feel like I've seen a lot of it. For P-days I can't really travel too much, I can't really go places. I'm supposed to stay in my area for P-days. But, there are a few things to see here in Hull, no castles, really. There's a harbor that is famous for the Humber River and there's a huge bridge that goes across it. I've gone across the bridge once for a P-day; that was neat. There aren't really any castle walls in Hull either, but if I do go visit one, I'll make sure to take pictures.

We're trying to get a group here in Hull. It might be a mixed Chinese and Polish group. We’ll be doing a lot of translating and even blessing the sacrament in Polish; that'll be fun, I think. I'm excited for this week; we've seemed to meet some good people and we're working with some really good people. Daniel is doing well; he not only came to church, but brought his family. I Love that family so much. Daniel has so much faith.

We met a man a few weeks ago that Elder DeShazer and I found, and later he and Elder Humphries taught. They ended up losing contact with him. We recently found him and he is reading the Book of Mormon. He is scheduled to be baptized on the 28th of December. His name is Piotr (Peter). He's really tall, maybe 6 feet 4 inches, and really broad. He's married and his family is living in Poland. Also, we met a Lady who recently moved here to Hull. She is also scheduled to be baptized on the 28th.

Yesterday I had an interesting experience. We were walking to an appointment and Elder DeShazer started talking to this guy. He was a bit drunk and was swearing like crazy and kept saying really discouraging things about how we think we're doing a lot of good out here, but in the end we're doing nothing; how we can share our book all we want, but that it does no good. After a while I could see it was affecting us a bit and I had had enough. I don't think I've been bolder with anyone before in my lifetime. I testified to him that the gospel means everything in the world to me, that it's done everything for me, and I know it'll help everyone who accepts it. I don't even think it was me. It was the Spirit; it was also a testimony to me that I do know this is true. I know that God lives. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it has been given to me, a 19 year old boy, so that I can know its true and so that I can make a difference by sharing it on a mission. The other Elders and I have seen many miracles. We've seen men stop doing drugs, drinking, and smoking. I've seen lives change and differences made. I know that this is God's work and this is the way to make the world better.

I think that I'll get to Skype you on Christmas, so that's exciting.

I love you all so much,

Starszy Ressler