Hull - December 17, 2012

I'm doing great! There isn't any snow on the ground and the grass is all green. That doesn't mean it isn't cold! I try to wear thermals all the time when I can because they are mostly helpful when we're out finding at night. The thing is though that's half the day as it gets dark around 4:00 pm now. Around 3:00 pm the sun starts to set. Time goes by so fast here on a mission.

I'm excited for Christmas; sounds like it'll be an exciting time for you all. It is for us too. Piotr, David, and Rachel all are planned to be baptized on the 28th. I hope they can all make it. Piotr will be Elder DeShazer’s and my first Polish baptism. So the first baptism by missionaries coming to England assigned to speak Polish. It's really exciting. I think this Polish group will happen and I'm happy to be a part of it. David is really good too; he accepted everything in the gospel. He says he's been looking into Mormonism since he was 12. I'm excited for him and his family is supporting him as well.

We gave Daniel the address in Poland where the branch meets and the time. He said that it's only about an hour and 20 min from his house. Be happy we live so close to a church and a temple. In fact there isn't a temple in Poland, yet. I hope that someday there will be though.

Piotr came to church on Sunday! He and Daniel seemed to get along really well. It was funny, they were talking in Polish and I heard the conversation go something like this, Piotr: “They just come over to my house a lot and talk with me about God.” Daniel: “Me too” It's really good for both of them. In Doctrine and Covenants section 90 verse 11 it talks about how everyone should hear the gospel in their own language. Everyone should be able to understand it in their own language and be able to accept it.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Love you tons,

Starszy Ressler