Hull - October 15, 2012

Polish is coming along great. I think I’m understanding more and more. I can read it just fine, but it's the understanding what I'm reading that gets me. I can get the basics of what I’m reading though. I am having better conversations with people. I've found I'm able to translate it all a lot easier. Actually, Elder ball has picked up enough Polish that he can pretty much understand what's being said. I only have to translate and tell him stuff he doesn't know. Now that I’m officially a trained missionary we pretty much still study the same, just for an hour less.

I was also amazed but pretty happy about the age change for missionaries. Sadly, I may not see Brendon for four years, but that's ok, we'll be ever stronger after. I think that we are about to get a lot of sister missionaries soon. I'm not sure if we'll get more Polish missionaries just yet, maybe in a while or so. I think they want Elder DeShazer and me to do something very specific, get a Polish group started. I think we'll be in Hull for quite a long time though. I hope we can; we are continually seeking for Polish Investigators.

This week was good! Elder DeShazer is with Elder Christensen. He’s from Arizona and is a really nice elder. A Polish investigator who we've been teaching said that he would be baptized, but he first wants to talk to his family. He sort of wants to do it face to face and will be visiting his family in Poland this December. And also a man stopped us on the street. He said that he'd just gotten out of jail and wanted to change his life around. Heavenly Father does indeed prepare people and leads them to us. I think that there are angels leading us and leading people to us. I hope that this next week I can have some more really great experiences to share with you all. Sorry I don't have too many stories this week. I'll also have to try and take more pictures. (I’m slacking on my part). Ah, time just goes by so fast on a mission. I need to take advantage of every moment. I also look forward to the day when I can forget English entirely and just speak Polish. Just kidding. Learning a language takes time and I know that I’ll be good at it eventually.

There's an American university student who said she might Invite us over for Thanksgiving dinner. I’m not really sure though. I've heard that we don't go finding Halloween night, but we can have teaching appointments. So I'm not really sure how that'll work out,

I've been reading a lot in the Book of Mormon about Ammon and Alma the younger and their missionary work. I want to be a missionary like them, perhaps, but I also know that I need to be a missionary like me because Heavenly Father called me to do this work.

kocham you bardzo

Starszy Ressler