Hull - September 17, 2012

Ah, I miss and love you all so much. Our week’s been pretty good. Andy came to church for the first time in weeks. I guess he is going to be leaving Hull or unable to come back to church, so I guess we weren't able to help him be baptized. But he has a strong testimony and knows the Book of Mormon is true. He's read it twice now. He might move down to Huntingdon and can be baptized there. The Brigham City Temple does look beautiful. Leigh was telling me how amazed he was at the Salt Lake Temple, that it took 40 years to build. Sean loves to look at a picture of it. Leigh is planning on going to the temple soon to do baptisms. I'm so excited for him.

We've been working with a lady who hasn't come to church for a year. Her son is eight and hasn't been baptized. She kept putting it off because she wanted to be ready to come back to church before he was to be baptized. She's been coming to church and last week Solomon was baptized. Their family seems to be so much happier. It's been a testimony to me that this gospel really does strengthen families.

You know that Mormon Message “Saved by Christ”, with Brother O'Neil and the one winged owl, Arthur? Well, he's a driving instructor and Elder Ball knows him. Elder Ball is working to get his driver’s license and Brother O'Neil gave him his first driving lesson on Thursday, with a manual transmission. It was a little scary, but Brother O'Neil is so funny that he made it fun. He has to have a lot of patience to be able to help a missionary from America drive on the left side of the road and to learn stick.

My Polish is improving, I still don't know everything that people are saying, but a lot of smiling and nodding helps get things by... no, I'm really understanding a lot more than I did a few months ago. I look forward to the day when I can speak the language well and understand it more fully. I'm glad that you're cousin is enjoying her visit to the U.S. that's good that the children know how to speak Polish. Do they know English as well? We go by a Polish shop every once and a while and try out some Polish food and also to try and small talk in Polish with people. It's good practice. I was able to find this Latvian chocolate that tastes almost like cookie dough in the middle (at a Polish shop). It's really good!

We had a lesson with some Polish people. Krzystoff, Januszcz (probably not spelled right), and Anna. Januszcz and Anna are older. Januszcz speaks just a little English and the rest only really speak Polish.

We also had another miracle. We felt impressed to go to an area that had already been knocked. I sort of felt hesitant, because that's a bit awkward when the other elders have already knocked that area and talked to those people. But, we found a university student that had just moved in and were able to teach her a powerful lesson about the restoration. So I know that we are guided to people that are ready to hear the gospel if we just listen to the promptings of the Spirit.

Kockam cie

Starszy Ressler