Hull - September 10, 2012

This week, was good!! Life is going alright. We're finding and teaching a lot more Polish people now days and I’m really happy about that. Hopefully, I can understand what they are saying. Elder DeShazer and I speak Polish together a lot. I think I’m improving at the language. I need to be better about that though.

I love being in England. It's sort of weird when restaurants advertise that something is 'American style'. I read about Addie’s pirate ship. Aye, aye captain!! Sounds like a lot of fun! We don't have anything fancy like a pirate ship, though we did have to kill two HUGE SPIDERS in our flat!

Hey thanks so much for sending a package, that'll be nice to have something from home. I don't want anything too expensive; I really don't want to inconvenience you. Now and again we all miss home a bit, but I’m happy to be here, and to be a missionary is such a wonderful thing. Tell Brother Gundersen ‘hello’ and thanks for all he taught me in seminary. I'm glad I got to be a part of seminary and feel the spirit in my teenage years. I can't believe that time goes by so fast. I'm still being trained, but it feels like yesterday I was graduating high school. And now I’m 19½. It'll be interesting to see myself at the end of this mission. I believe that Heavenly Father is helping us all to become the people that we can be. He see's our potential and knows what's best for us better than we do.

I'm not too worried about the winter, I’ll live through it. I bought a new jacket that's lighter for the summer and fall rain when it's hot. We have been going through a heat wave, so it's been really hot. Hey, I found out 'Mercy Me' is approved music, and I have music like that. Brendon should know who I’m talking about. We’ve had people who were so close to baptism and I’ve seen it just go downhill. I know that when times get tough, that's when we need to be at our very best, and sometimes that's what makes us grow the most. If you can't climb a hill, how can you expect to climb a mountain? It's been so interesting to see just how my life has prepared me for this moment. I know that this is where I need to be and I’m going to trust that what I do won't go to waste. If someone doesn't accept the gospel now, maybe I can put the thought in their head so that they will later.

We're teaching a man named Daniel and his family. He has two really cute children. He's lived in England for eight years and is reading the K.M. (Book of Mormon) and he speaks really good English. His partner Justine has only lived here for about three years and is still working on her English. Tonight we are scheduled to meet with a man named Krzystoff. I've only spoke to him over the phone and he doesn't speak too much English. I think our testimonies grow as we do spiritually scary things, and sometimes speaking in Polish can be quite spiritually scary since you don't know everything everyone is saying. But the work is going well, and I feel like I’m becoming a better missionary.

I hope you all are doing well,

Kocham was

Starszy Ressler