Leeds - September 9, 2013

I think it's colder here in Leeds. We are a bit more north than Hull and it is going to be winter soon; summer is over. I can't believe that it is already September!! 

I'm in the Leeds II area. The ward members are super missionary minded and really nice (I like ‘em). I'm serving with Elder Mullen. He's great. This will be his third transfer. We are in a smaller flat, but it's a bit nicer that the old one I had in Hull. It's only been a few days, so I'm trying to adjust.

Leeds is a lot different than Hull. I had a bit of a culture shock I think because I'd been so long in the one area. But I like it here. It's mostly English except for an area called Hare Hills were a lot of foreigners live. There are lots of Middle Eastern people and I think that missionaries used to live there until September 11th happened.

So there aren't as many Polish people as in Hull; but lots of Slovakians and Czechs and Romanians and Hungarians and a lot of Gypsies (Slovakian and Czech). I'm really trying to learn bits of all sorts of languages! So it's really adventurous!! I understand a lot of the people (the Slovakian ones). There's a lot of Slovakian people and  the language is really close to Polish, so I can talk Polish to them, and they speak their language to me, and we understand each other!! Crazy, huh?

I like it lots though. We started teaching a Romanian family that met with missionaries about two years and were taught for a long, long time. It's hard because there is a language barrier when teaching them, but I'm working on that... (I definitely believe in the gift of tongues). As well we are teaching some Hungarians. I understand Slovakian pretty alright, but it's the Czech that I don't understand...but we're doing our best.

Elder Dallin H. Oaks came on Sunday because we had stake conference. That was so neat!!

Well, I love you a lot. Have a good week!

Starszy Ressler