Hull - August 5, 2013



We are mostly teaching English people. But this week we started teaching a girl named Samantha; she's really nice and came to church. She seemed to like it. She is planning on getting baptized on the 1st of September (just barely I couldn't remember what September was in English, I thought of the Polish word).

Also we were knocking and this guy Luke answered the door, he's about 22, I think. We told him we were talking with people about religion and he looked at us and asked "do you want to come in?" When we went in his roommate and their friend were there playing x-box, and they turned it off and then talked with us. We went back a few nights later and Dan's girlfriend joined us, as well, so I'm excited to teach them all (we offered to cook them Mexican food if they cook us traditional British food).

So not a bad week, we are still hunting for Polish people to teach. John is participating well in Church.

You know in October there is a fair in Hull; I hear it's the largest in England or something like that, maybe just for the area. But last year it was pretty neat to check out on P-day.

I love the Olsons. The Friday before they left Elder Olson came to visit us and gave us hugs with tears in his eyes. He said Sister Olson didn't come, but if she had she'd have been a wreck, so we had to say short goodbyes. We are planning on going to visit the new couple today. They should have gotten here yesterday. I bet they are still unpacking.

This week should be adventurous we have a mission wide conference in which Elder Ballard will be attending, so I'm excited for that.

I'm super excited for Brendon; I suppose things will get a bit lonely now.

Note to Brendon: Wow, hey I'm glad you also had the experience of going to Pennsylvania. I really love G-pa and G-ma Ressler, and enjoy their company. I hope you had a good time too. Wow, I guess you're just now counting down the days. The nice thing is you aren't spending as much time as me in the MTC, after about 6 weeks....yea...but it was a good experience! If you ever get discouraged with the language just remember that Polish is harder, so buck up! (Ha!) No, you're going to do great, I'm excited for you, it'll be the time of your life. 

Love you,

Starszy Ressler