Hull - August 19, 2013

This week has been good. So we did a lot of finding and I've got a few stories, but I don't have all the time in the world, so I'll tell you some highlights.

I went on exchange with Elder Olsen on Tuesday! We were trying to contact a referral that a member gave us. Sadly, he only told us which street and which side of the street they lived on. So we just knocked the whole side of the street. Elder Owens and I knocked half of it earlier and so we were knocking the rest of it; but we started on the opposite side and then worked up to where we left up on. So, the first house that we knocked on we could hear music. We knocked twice, but no one answered. Elder Olsen tapped on the window because we could hear music (He told me he never usually does that) and a Chinese lady answered and I tried to talk to her in the very little Chinese that I know ("Hello", "How are you", "My friend speaks Chinese"...that's all I know). So then with what English she knew, we got some details from her. Then, we passed on her information to the Chinese speaking sister missionaries, Sister Lam (from Hong Kong). And it turns out that she was looking to go to church, but couldn't because she doesn't speak English! And then she took it as a sign that God wants her to go back to church, because just recently before we knocked she was talking to someone about it! After that we continued knocking and turns out that the last house that we left off on was Julie and she let us in! She is a single mom, with a two year old daughter, Megan. She is really receptive to the gospel and accepted a date to be baptized, so hopefully we can continue to help her progress! Also, Samantha came to church again and is progressing really well!

So, Elder Owens and I on Saturday took a little adventure. We decided to go out into a smaller city called Hedon and a town close by called Preston to look for Polish people. We were out there for about six hours. I remember praying and asking Heavenly Father that if there were any Polish in the area, that he would lead us to them. So out of those whole six hours we only talked to one Polka. She was super nice and had a 10 month old baby. We gave her a Book of Mormon and invited her to read, pray and find out for herself. I remember feeling such joy because we had left the 99 and went after the one. After that I felt like the whole journey was worth it! In Hedon, I ate some greasy fish and chips and felt really sick afterwards. I think I'll take a break from fish and chips for a while. Also in Preston we found the factory where about 90% of all the Polish people I talk to work at!! They live in Hull, but travel all the way to Preston to work!

It's been a week full of adventures; I hope you are all well.

Love

Starszy Ressler