Hull - May 6, 2013

It's been warm here for the past couple days, I love it. This week was amazing and a little stressful! But it's good. This week I've been remembering when Elder Ball trained me. I was lucky to have a good trainer. I do love Elder Ball, he's an amazing missionary.

My son (in the mission) is Elder Owens. He's a good elder from California. He's 23 years old and loves to talk about the gospel and is really excited about missionary work. I look forward to serving with him. Elder DeShazer is training Elder Olsen who is from Utah and is 25. They are both good men and the work is now speeding up a bit. It's more work than I thought to train, but it’s good, it's pushing me personally to be a better person and missionary. They really are all great elders and we'll see miracles here in Hull.

I'm now forced to speak better in Polish. Well, I remember how it was just getting out of the MTC and talking to real live Poles. My Polish has come a really long way. I'm actually able to talk to Polish people and understand what they are saying. I have a testimony of the gift of tongues. I'm doing well.

We had to split up our area. Elder Owens and I are teaching the new member discussions to Daniel. I love him so much! He paid his tithing on Sunday for the first time. He has a testimony about tithing. He's shared his testimony with me about it a few times. This Sunday the whole family came to sacrament meeting. And they all looked so happy and so good together. Words cannot express the feelings in my heart that I have for them. These are the people that I want to see and be with in the Celestial Kingdom. I know that this is God's work and I'm so happy that Elder DeShazer and I were able to baptize him while we were still companions. I know that Daniel has a testimony and I think Justina is starting to realize that it is true as well. I cannot wait for the day when they are sealed together in the temple for all time and eternity as a family. I would love to be there, I don't know if I will, but that'd be wonderful. I was also really happy when they got married...ah! Sorry, I forgot my camera again! Daniel received the Aaronic Priesthood as well and was ordained by a brother who is in the bishopric. He also gave him his priesthood lineage which Daniel was interested in.

I remember when I was trained by Elder Ball, we really did see a lot of miracles, and I know that God is preparing us and people to find out about him. It was pre-ordained that we come to earth when we did and that Heavenly Father is closer to us than we think he is. I know that's true and that we meet so many amazing people who are given the chance to find God and have Eternal Life. I know that this is true. Daniel told us that when he first met us, about 90% of him said to just shut the door, but there was something small deep down about 10% that told him to listen. I know that, that was the Holy Ghost through the light of Christ, telling him to find the gospel.

We are teaching a man who didn't originally have a Christian background and he had trouble at first believing that Jesus Christ was the Son of God and our Savior. But he prayed and when he prayed he asked God and got a small answer and now he believes.

Love you much,

Starszy Ressler