Hull - November 12, 2013

We’ve been doing a lot to try to find people who will listen to our gospel message this week. I'm really glad I made the choice to go on a mission. I've grown so much (and lost so much weight) and also I've seen the difference it can make in other people's life, even with just small and simple things. I often think ‘what if we didn't go down that street?’ or ‘what if I didn't talk to that person?' You never know what difference a little decision could make.

The past few days I've been sick with what I think is a sinus infection. It's not so bad that I can't go out and work, just a bit irritating. But I found that I can't be angry about it and be effective at missionary work. Elder Ball tells me that one secret to missionary work is to be happy, even when you're tired because you'll always be tired. I've found though that I really enjoy talking to people

The other Elders said that I talked in Polish in my sleep one night, so that's sort of a good sign. Some Polish people still like to speak super fast. One day I'll be good at it, I just need to be patient.

Just earlier today I was pondering on how amazing it is that Heavenly Father gives us the authority to act in His name, to heal the sick as long as it's according to His will and our faith. I've been studying about how to give a blessing in Polish because I will need to do that someday. It's helped me realize that we need to be always worthy and always prepared and willing to use our priesthood authority to help Heavenly Father's children in His name.

Also, there are some members of the church here from Peru. I told them that you, Dad, served there and they said they joined when they were a lot younger, but they are going to ask their mother who is staying with them right now if she knows you. Wouldn't that be amazing if she did? It's amazing to think how much your mission in Peru has affected other people and your own life. I hope that my efforts and my mission can have that kind of impact on me and the people I meet.

I know that this truly is the work of Heavenly Father. I know that the Church is true. I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, our Savior, we can overcome any obstacle, any hardship; and also that if we have faith in Him and repent of all our sins, we can once again return to live with God.

I love you so much,

Starszy Ressler

P.S.  No snow yet, but it gets really, really cold in the night. It looks like we aren't going to have Thanksgiving; maybe we'll celebrate in a different kind of way, though.