Leeds - December 9, 2013

We had a really good week. We taught 6 lessons, that's really more than we've taught in a few weeks.
I don't really mind knocking doors sometimes, but to be honest teaching is more fun. This week we went on exchanges, I stayed in Leeds with Elder Brase, who used to be a zone leader, he's going home before Christmas (with Elder Ball). That was pretty good. I enjoyed that.

Ah, it's so weird to me to almost be 21; I really don't feel that old. I feel like I did when I was 17, or 18. You know I think age is just a state of mind, if you don't want to, you can just stay the same. But then again progression is good.

And the time is going by so fast. It's already almost 1/3 of the way through December. Christmas is pretty much two weeks from Wednesday. That to me is strange.

This week Elder Kearon is visiting the mission, I think that he's the one a few years ago who gave the talk in Priesthood session about getting stung by a scorpion, well that'll be exciting.

This week for District meeting, I've prepared to talk about having a vision, you know timberline, and wood-badge stuff, but I'm teaching it from the scripture, well I'll attempt to, I hope it goes alright.

Ah, mate! I've lost so much weight... I can see the difference. I looked on the scale this morning and it said I weighed 13.5 stone, and that's like 190lbs. I'm not sure that scale is right. But I do do me sit ups in the morning :) (Yes, people really talk like that "that's me son" "that's me scarf" ect...)

I can't believe it's that cold back home. It's luckily not too bad here yet. I suspect though, it'll get cold. I really don't like English winters, from last winter. I remember the longest, coldest day of my mission, out knocking in freezing cold for about 7 hours with Elder DeShazer. You know I think trials help us to become who we are. I wouldn't want to go through it again, but looking back I've grown from it.

I have a few jackets, I have one I wear a lot because it's warm, then I have a water resistant one for when it's wet and that big black one I brought with me. I think I'll get some new gloves though. If I can find the one's I like, if not, I have a pair.

Yes, it has been raining a bit more and it's been a bit colder. But it isn't the dry cold that you get in Utah, it's really cold (I don't mean to sound like a wuss, but I don't like English winters) But it's warm today. On Thursday we had some really bad winds, we were told to stay inside and do weekly planning. Our rubbish bins got knocked around a bit, but we're alright.

We didn't get to see the devotional, (it would've been at like 2 in the morning our time) But the Leeds institute had a Christmas concert, and that was pretty good.

This week we met with a man, he's really busy, but we had a really powerful lesson with him and I felt the spirit. I really do think that he can be baptized, he reads the Book of Mormon and he likes it. We got it for him on CD, so he can listen to it in his car. I think he likes that as well. He's from the Congo and his native tongue is French.

Then we met with a lady, she's doing well. We had a good lesson with her as well. She is really looking for something. We're trying to help her to find it, but that's all up to her in the end.

Also the Polish lady we were teaching is back from Poland, she's so nice. We watched the Restoration in Polish with her and she said that she believes that could have happened. She asked people in Poland if they had heard about "Mormons" but sadly no one had heard anything about them. Then we showed her where the closest meeting house is in Poland where she lives on her laptop. That was good. She also showed us where she lives. I showed her our house in Utah, and she liked that. I always show people a picture of my family; it's something to sort of "break the ice".

I think that the best way to influence someone is to love them and show them your love. If you love them, then that's the best way to share the gospel; you know it is a gospel of love.

This week went good and the time is flying by so fast.

Love you

Starszy Ressler