Leeds - December 16, 2013

Wesolych Swiat

Christmas is pretty much here. Where has December gone? We have a Christmas party this week, I'm really excited; a bunch of us missionaries just getting together to relax a bit. Other than that, I don't really have many plans.

Here they have something called crackers. It's like a thing you pull and it pops, then there are little gifts inside...pretty neat tradition.

This week was good. We had a general authority come, Elder Kearon. Ah, it was so good. It was a life changing meeting. He talked about changing and just doing it, also about doing things with real intent. If you don't have real intent, then what's the point of doing it? I've decided that one thing I want to work on is being more confident. I remember so many people telling me that I can be more confident. So I figure it's a choice to be confident, so I choose to be confident. Recently I've been studying in 2 Nephi chapter two. It talks a lot about things to ACT and things to be ACTED upon. I think that fits really well. We need to act, or else it's just a thought or a theory.

This week we taught a woman who was in Germany for about a month, so this is only the third time we've seen her. We brought Brother Morrell along, he's so great, really a nice guy. And her family has been going through a hard time, so we showed her Elder Holland’s most recent talk and it was a really powerful lesson.

Yea, the food is bland. I've also found that a lot of it is just that I sort of lose my appetite a bit. I eat often, in fact, and I snack a lot. But I tend to eat smaller portions; that's something I learned from Elder Owens. He lost a lot of weight. He eats often, but not a large amount. My stomach has shrunk a bit. Plus I do lots of sit-ups in the morning. But some of the food here has no flavor! I'm not really a fan of mushy peas either. And fish and chips are so oily now days that it hurts my stomach. I tend to eat oatmeal in the morning and pasta or a sandwich, or just a snack. Polish food is really good though. :) I've become an alright cook after almost two years of cooking for myself.

Around this time of year the sun is starting to go down around 2:00 pm. I'm addicted to the work here. When I have a good conversation with someone or if I am outside working and talking to people I'm usually happy. There are a few odd moments when no one will answer the door, but if you can talk to someone, you're alright. Something Elder DeShazer says is "sometimes, you just got to power through it" just get to the end of the day. There's a really good Mormon message about Daily Bread by Elder Christofferson; you should look them up, there's three of them.

I think this is the fun time of training. You become good friends and you start to work together better. And also you see them figuring out how to do it themselves, instead of just copying you. I haven't heard anything new about the missionary work here. And the amount of missionaries coming in has slowed down a bit. Our mission is HUGE THOUGH! Over 200 of us.

I miss Elder DeShazer so much! He looks good. I hope he's doing well. Thanks for the picture. THAT'S SO CRAZY, I remember Sister Wild. She was so nice.

At 6:00 on Christmas Eve there is a carol service I'll be going to.

I’m not sure what else to say. Elder Mast, in our district tore his ankle really bad. He was in so much pain, so he's been taking it easy. Also an Elder from Samoa got his Wisdom teeth out. You know British people do not like the dentist. But other than that nothing too exciting has happened.

Love you tons, hope all is well.

Starszy Ressler