Hull - August 20, 2012

It sounds like the family is doing fantastic. I can't believe that Harrison is in high school and Brendon's a senior and Sadie is in junior high. And Addie's having a birthday. I feel so old! The gospel really does strengthen families. I tell people that all the time, and I know it's true. I've seen it in my life. I hope that this week goes well with everyone starting school.

Wow!! I'm really excited for Will Cameron’s mission call. If you see him, tell him that a mission is the best thing in the world. He'll be able to use the experiences in his life to help other people come to the Savior and His gospel. Brazil, so he'll be speaking Portuguese. That'll be fun. Mike Morris is already back? Time really, really goes fast. It feels like a week ago I was back home getting ready to leave and now I've been here for four months. It sounds like everyone is doing really great.

This past week on środa (Wednesday) we had zone conference. The zones in the lower half of the mission got together. The mission president spoke to us. It was really great. Then, on czwartek (Thursday) we were knocking down a street and I met a Polish man named Lucas. He was talking on his phone, but we talked a bit. He asked me if we'd like some coffee or tea. I said, “woda?” (water) and so he invited us in. In his flat there were about five Polish working men living there. We talked and I tried to understand and answer their questions and teach. We gave out all the Polish Book of Mormons we had. One of the men has lived in England for eight years and speaks really good English. They had us sign their K.M.'s (Book of Mormons in Polish) because they said that this could really change their lives and they wanted to remember the moment. We're going back to teach them this week, I'm so excited to teach in Polish, and they're really solid. One of the men's wife and children go to the church back in Poland. They're moving here with him! There really are no coincidences I find. Heavenly Father knows what's best for his children even better than we do.

Oh, yea, so when we met Sean, we also met his friend, Leigh. We've been teaching him and now he's going to get baptized this Saturday!! Ah, it makes me so happy. He's such a good man. Yesterday, he came to church in a suit and Sean had bought a shirt and tie to wear to church. They both looked great.

We have to make some difficult and scary choices. Our zone leader gave us counsel that we could do the scary thing of dropping our not-very-solid English investigators and go and focus on finding Polish investigators. So, we'll see how things turn out.

We have about 30 minutes to exercise each day, so we jog or do push-ups or sit-ups. Sometimes we aren't so diligent in our exercise and just stretch.

It's so amazing being a missionary. I have no doubt that I have had the experiences in my life to prepare me for my mission, to come here at this time to England and to speak Polish. I know now that I have been called by God through a prophet of God to come here. That's a bold statement, but it's true.

Kocham cie
Starszy Ressler